Minimum System Requirements
#V2 is PHP software that is installed in your own web hosting account or your own VPS or dedicated server. The software runs on shared hosting accounts.
You can use the standard “Sendmail” or SMTP sending facilities offered by your webhost or send emails through 3rd party SMTP providers such as SendGrid, Mailjet, SMTP.com or Amazon SES.
#V2 software runs on most shared hosting, VPS and dedicated servers. DirectAdmin or CPanel based hosting are generally suitable, easy to manage and work great with the software. Plesk based hosting is also compatible.
To run arpReach or #V2 software, you need the following:
- A web site hosted with a working domain name (not just an IP address)
- PHP7.1.x or greater Important #V2 will not run with PHP 5.x.x
- register_globals OFF
- safe_mode OFF
- max_execution_time = 0
- cgi.fix_pathinfo = 1 (for CGI/FastCGI)
- php-cli module – (PHP 5.5 or greater is needed at the command line)
- php-imap module (Note: When using or upgrading to PHP 5.6+ this module will not be available even if it was previously)
- MySQL extension
- – note: The strict ONLY_FULL_GROUP_BY option must be removed from the “sql mode” of your MySQL.
- curl extension
- GD extension
- JSON extension
- Open SSL extension
- MySQL 5.1 or greater (InnoDb type used) – or MariaDB equivalent
- FTP access for installing and configuring #V2
- Ability to create and run “command line” cron/scheduled tasks (http / wget not suitable and cron tasks must not be limited by time) and access to create these tasks (eg CPanel)
- Local MTA (Sendmail, Postfix, Exim etc), or local or remote SMTP provider
- Ports 25, 587 and 465 (SSL/TLS) need to be open for inbound and outbound traffic when using third-party ESP’s
- We recommend at least 256M of memory is allocated to PHP, but you may need to set it higher depending on how large your list is. The memory MUST be applied to both http PHP AND php-cli which is used for cron tasks.
- — SpamAssassin Module – optional: used for spam scoring
- escapeshellcmd & escapeshellarg enabled in php.ini
- SSL certificate for the server hostname and domain name >
- BlueHost [Choose either VPS or dedicated hosting. Shared is not suitable]
- Contabo [The VPS M plan is very affordable!]
- Hostgator [We suggest you choose dedicated hosting]
- Future Hosting
- Liquid Web [Our webhost since 2004]
- NameCheap VPS
- (Note: the above links are affiliate links and we may receive a payment if you order hosting through them)
As hosts can change their systems, plans or terms and conditions at any time without our knowledge, we do not recommend any of the above hosts over any other.
We do not recommend GoDaddy hosting or other cheap shared hosting solution as this may lead to installation and email delivery problems.